Compact DSP-controlled closed cabinet subwoofer
- Easily installed compact cabinet with a very deep bass response
- DSP engine optimizes output to achieve reference class sound
- Neumann.Control App for iPad® to setup, align and operate in a system
Deep bass in a small space
The compact KH 750 DSP is the ideal choice for smaller rooms and smaller studio monitors, such as the KH 80 DSP. It has a unique and flexible 2.0/0.1 Bass Manager allowing the subwoofer to be used in many different system configurations. On the back panel there are analog and digital inputs and outputs, four routing modes and adaptable acoustical controls to allow for seamless system integration. The Neumann.Control software gives access to many additional functions inside the subwoofer. The KH 750 DSP can be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
The newly designed 10” long-throw driver has a large magnet, linear motor design and a very stiff pressed steel basket. As subwoofers are usually placed on the floor, a robust grille protects the driver from accidental damage. The well-braced cabinet is a sealed designed which brings the fastest possible transient response. The two analog XLR inputs are balanced as are the two analog XLR outputs. The 192 kHz / 24-bit digital input can accept AES3 and S/P-DIF signals. There is a bypassable standby function and the switch-off time can be adjusted in Neumann.Control.
Control and align your monitor setup with your iPad®
Remark: At the moment, the KH 750 DSP can only be remotely controlled by the Neumann.Control App in combination with the KH 80 DSP.
Via standard IP networking, Neumann.Control gives access to many additional the functions of the KH 750 DSP Subwoofer. Systems of loudspeakers can be defined, from mono to 3D, aligned for a good in-room sound, and then operated centrally: Setup, Align, Operate. At last, you do not have to be an expert to optimally integrate this subwoofer into your system, even in a small room.
Neumann.Control for iPad®
The Neumann.Control app for iPad® offers several features allowing you to setup, align and operate the KH 750 DSP and KH 80 DSP even in large setups up to 9 loudspeakers.
The key features are:
• 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9 loudspeakers and subwoofers
• Identify loudspeakers and subwoofers on the network that are in the room
• Assign the identified loudspeakers and subwoofers to positions in the room
• Guided Alignment – a set of simple questions resulting a well-balanced sound. The Guided Alignment is a process where you are asked very simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker/subwoofer position, and then the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker/subwoofer accordingly.
• Manual Alignment – an 8-band fully parametric equaliser for expert users. In Manual Alignment expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band parametric equalizer, levels and delays in each loudspeaker/subwoofer as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
• System and alignment selection
• Volume control, preset levels, dim, mute all
• Groups, solos, mutes
• Other system settings such as delay, standby level and logo brightness
System Requirements: iPad® with iOS® 10 or higher
- Decreased the bass extension of the monitoring system
- Increasing the maximum SPL of loudspeakers
- Decreasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion of loudspeakers
- Reproducing the LFE channel
- Reproducing the “Sub” signal of a bass managed multichannel source
- Working as an extension for KH line subwoofer systems
- 8 x full parametric equalizer incl. Lo-/Hi-Shelf and Low-/High-Pass, controllable via Neumann.Control -> Accurate and flexible alignment of the subwoofer in the room and within systems
- Delay -> Lip-sync (100 ms): To align audio and video signals up to 2.5 frames at 50 Hz or 3 frames at 60 Hz -> Time-of-flight (2 x 20.8 ms): To compensate for listening distance differences up to 7.2 m (12 ft 5in)