- Imagine 187 instruments you have never played before.
- Imagine sounds made by plucking, strumming, tapping, scraping, and flicking a range of prepared instruments and found objects.
- Imagine stretched strings, glass vessels, water filled cups, breaking twigs, and much more, sounded out and recorded in thousands of full length, high resolution samples.
- Imagine these sounds tuned and voiced, under your fingertips, transformed into inspiring keyboard instruments.
- Imagine what you could do with such instruments.
- Imagine Plectrum.
Geoffrey Gee, pianist, composer, and former Senior Soundware Engineer at Kurzweil Music Systems, announces the release of Plectrum -a virtual instrument library featuring 187 original acoustic instruments, powered by NI Kontakt 2 streaming sample playback engine. Much more than a tool or content library, Plectrum is a creative work of instrument design. Gee created his instruments from sounds made by plucking, strumming, tapping, scraping, and flicking a range of stringed instruments and found objects. Collecting thousands of full length high resolution samples, he voiced and tuned the sounds into full-range, expressive keyboard instruments. Plectrum´s ultra-friendly interface presents these instruments in nine categories based on the sound source: Strummed Strings, Struck Strings, Plucked Strings, and String Harmonics; Glass, Ceramics, Metals, and Found Objects, and Habitats. Each instrument features a round robin playback that creates the organic feel and texture of an acoustic instrument. The instruments in Habitats use this feature to offer ever-evolving sound environments such as August Morning, Afternoon Rain, Forest Stream, and Crickets.
- 187 original instruments
- Round robin playback, with multiple articulations under every key
- Nine easy-access categories
- Ultra friendly interface–select an instrument and play
- Fast instrument loading and selection
- High polyphony streaming audio engine, powered by NI Kontakt Player (Kontakt 2 or newer)
- Thousands of full length high resolution samples, voiced for making music
- Library size 12GB
- For updates from V1 (GVI) please contact www.vitalartsmedia.com directly