Legendary sound of Stereo Bus compressor has been true companion on countless recordings since 40 years. Often recognized as “mixbus glue”, this particular compression sound have become industry standard. Now, we improve this design creating whole new level of versitality with unbeliveble modern DAW integration –
We present ngBusComp – fully analog, dual mono, stereo, mid-side compressor, with digital recall.
TRUE QUAD VCA THAT 2181
First and most important point – ngBusComp is 100% analog device with +26dBu of headroom.
Regardless its digital control nature, fully analog signal path provides top VCA compression sound.
Four THAT 2181 VCA in signal chain, and one in side chain detector for each channel!
STEREO / DUAL MONO compression!
ngBusComp detectors can be linked and unlinked anytime – what allows us true bus compression behavior, as dual mono compression when needed!
Relative channel linking!
Channels can be linked/unlinked anytime! It is allowed to have different settings on both channels and still manage those in a relative way!
We can work on Mid-Side mix separately for each channel, but if we would like to change ballance of whole track, it is enough to engage “parameter link” and both channels Make Up gain will be adjusted relatively keeping same amount of volume difference!
MID-SIDE operation mode
ngBusComp supports mid-side opeartion, you can give your side channel
diffferent compression settings then middle channel!
SELECTABLE OUTPUT CIRCUIT – CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!
With ngBusComp you can select your output stage to be either
electronically balanced, or transformer balanced with preceise output PAD!
Drive Carnhill transformers!
In IRON mode it is possible to use Make up gain to drive the transformers, and special output PAD allow to turn signal down!
PAD – passive attenuator managed via relay cascade up to 15dB with 1dB step.
MIX KNOB FOR PARALLEL COMPRESSION
With MIX knob at your disposal, parallel compression has never been simpler to achieve!
With ngBusComp your MIX setting can be automated in your DAW, ever wanted to push your compressor harder in chorus? Nothing simpler! Just record automation using touch sensitive encoder, or draw your automation lines in DAW!
Proprietary THD implementation with very detailed variable control!
THD stands for “Total harmonic distortion” and it allows to saturate your signal with beautiful analog color. For ngBusComp it can be dialed in very gently or very appearent thanks to variable control with dedicated knob!
PREDEFINED SIDE CHAIN FILTERS
ngBusComp Side chain filter functionality allows to modify signal going into the compressor’s detector.
It includes 3 high pass filters at 60,90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters.
FIVE RATIO SETTINGS
ngBusComp provides selectable ratios of 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications, and INF mode – to
hit and crash your transients!
External Side chain!
ngBusComp allows to create custom side chain signal to control each channel of compressor!
Even using ngBusComp as pure analog signal processor you can easily switch between three memory settings with a magic of a simple buttons.
USB or Ethernet connectivity!
ngBusComp supports direct USB connection, or you can also managed it in your local network,
just plug in ethernet cable to Your router!
Each channel shows detail metering – IN / OUT and Gain reduction!
Of course analog metering is forwared to plug-in instance!
TOTAL RECALL AND PLUGIN CONTROL
Along with classic analog compressor You receive most demanded feature in audio industry – TOTAL RECALL.
Full plugin control through VST2/VST3/AU/AAX/AAX DSP – makes ngBusComp compatible with most, if not all major DAWs.
Total integration with your beloved DAW will change your workflow forever!
I’m sure all of us wanted to use different device settings based on song section. Now it is possible! Just draw automation lines in your DAW and your analog device will follow!
And remember, you can use five touch sensitive encoders to record automation TO your DAW!
Main features summary:
– 100% analog device with +26dBu of headroom powered by QUAD VCA THAT 2181,
– Dual mono and stereo compression– Mid-side mode
– Two selectable output stages – normal(electronically balanced), IRON (transformer balanced)
– IRON PAD – passive attenuator enabled in IRON mode allows to drive output transformer for musical saturation
– Flexible DAW/Live plug-in control for instant recall
– Controllable thorugh standalone WesAudio application
– Relative parameter linking for better unit management
– MIX KNOB FOR PARALLEL COMPRESSION
– Detailed metering for both channels – Gain reduction, input and output
– THD – Proprietary THD with precise variable control
– Side chain filters – 3 high pass filters at 60,90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters
– External side chain for each channel via TRS back connector
– FIVE RATIO SETTINGS – 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications, and INF (crash) mode!
– Management via Ethernet or USB
– A/B/C compare feature
– TOTAL RECALL AND PLUGIN CONTROL compatible with most DAWs.
– ANALOG AUTOMATION in DAW.
– 5 Touch sensitive encoders per each channel allow to record automation in DAW
– Fully digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit,
– True bypass,
– Free software and firmware upgrades.
– Size: 3U